As I have in years past, last week I attended SXSW down in Austin, Texas, catching the last portion of the film festival, as well as all of Interactive and Music. I wrote some of this up for us over at The Mac Observer and iObserver, and also included mentions in our Mac Geek Gab podcast (with more material coming in future MGG episodes). Currently, that content is as follows:
- 18 SXSW Live recordings Now on iTunes
- Mac Geek Gab 320, which includes my initial SXSW 2011 Debrief
- My ever-popular Geeks Survival Guide to SXSW Music 2011
- A few articles (from others with help from me on the ground there) about the new pop-up Apple Store that was put in place temporarily for the iPad 2 release during SXSW.
- Why SXSW Interactive Attendees Should Stay for Music
And for those of you who like to know (and I know you're out there), here's the list of bands I saw during the Music festival:
Foo Fighters Guadalupe Plata Luger The Baseball Project Duran Duran Emmylou Harriss North Mississippi Allstars (w/ G. Love) Bob Geldof The New Mastersounds Preservation Hall Jazz Band Widespread Panic Ozomatli Luke Rathborne The Belle Brigade Darlingside The Givers Miracle 3 Summer Erikson Eli "Paperboy" Reed and the True Loves Bowling for Soup Los Lonely Boys Tony Scalzo